As we enter mid-November it’s not out of the question to see our first snowfall. In fact, according to the National Weather Service in Wilmington, Ohio, the average first day of measurable snow for Dayton is typically around November 23rd, but has been recorded as early as October 18th.
This weekend comes with a lot of questions, as it’s still early to say if or when snow may fall.
WHAT WE KNOW:
1. A quick moving clipper will bring precipitation to the Miami Valley on Sunday
2. Temperatures will be near the lower 40s for highs
3. Winds will increase a bit as this system moves through
4. Colder air behind the clipper may cause any lingering precipitation to switch over to a few flurries
5. The ground will be too warm for much accumulation
WHAT WE DON’T KNOW
1. Exact snow potential and where
We will certainly be posting updates as they develop, so be sure to check back throughout the week.
©2021 Cox Media Group