DAYTON — Dayton Flyer football head coach Rick Chamberlin, and his staff, will his team back to campus for the team’s first practice Monday, as the team prepares for the upcoming 2022 season, according to a media release.
Dayton will return 15 starters from last season, including 10 on offense, three defensive starters, and both kickers.
The one vacancy on offense is at quarterback and it looks to be a three-way battle heading into camp between sophomore Dante Casciola, redshirt sophomore Cole Dow, and sophomore Shane Hamm.
UD enters this season in search of two big milestones; head coach Rick Chamberlin has 99 wins, one win shy of 100, and the Flyers have scored in 497 consecutive games, dating back to the 1976 season.
Upcoming Dayton Flyer Football Dates
- Monday, Aug. 8 Media and first practice 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug 10 First day of contact 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, Aug. 15 Situational Scrimmage 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 18 Situational Scrimmage 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 20 Intra-Squad Scrimmage 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 21 Picture Day 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31 First Weekly Media Session 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 3 Season opener at Robert Morris 12 p.m.
©2022 Cox Media Group